Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day today. Lolo and Lola brought over marinated meat and potatoes for Michael to grill outside, plus plenty of fresh vegetables, which we steamed. Gabi and Bella convinced Lolo and Lola to buy chocolate-covered strawberries, too! Cousin Steven entertained the girls outside with bubbles and science lessons.

Best of all, after dinner, Gabi and Bella came up to me, sweetly wished me a happy Mother's Day, and gave me hugs. Then they said they had a present for me: a massage. They sat on my back and rubbed my back with feather-light touches. Their joy and effort to care for me was a beautiful expression of their love and appreciation.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, too! Thanks for all you have done and continue to do for me. I'm glad I was able to drive to Texas for Amy's bridal shower yesterday and see you.

1 comment:

  1. woooow Steven's so big already! :)

    Awww what a nice Mother's Day gift - a great massage :)

    ReplyDelete