Friday, May 27, 2011

First Steps

Over the past week, Katarina learned how to walk! Wednesday of last week she consciously took her first few unsupported steps. (The prior week, we had been able to trick her into taking a step or two, until she realized we had let go of her hands.) Each day, Kati became braver and more stable. Wednesday of this week, she just took off walking across the room. Now she is walking all around the house and outside, too!


These video segments were taken Thurs., May 19th through Wed., May 25th, so you can see how her gross motor skills progressed in just one week. In the middle, I took a video of her learning how to stand up on her own without pulling up on someone or some thing. In that clip, she also did her sign for stand up (reaching up) to tell me she was trying to stand up. She is so proud of herself, and she loves praise and applause.

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Did Gabi film the second video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooow! im so proud! :) she's already walking by herself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know she can't hear me through space and time, but I couldn't help clapping and congratulating her while I watched the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to confess, I love Gabi's (?) comment, "She's been walking all day!"

    ReplyDelete