Saturday, July 24, 2010

Gabi Quotes

Since Michael made a post of Bella's May pictures along with her quotes from his Facebook statuses, it seems appropriate for this post to record Gabi's quotes from his Facebook statuses and share the rest of her pictures from May. Truly, his FB comments are a great way to keep up with the funny things our kids say and do.

Michael pointed at Asia on a map and asked Gabi, "What's this big one called?"
Gabi: "I don't know. Texas?"
Gabi: "Sometimes I show Mommy how much I love her by giving her hugs."
Michael: "That's very nice of you. Mommy thinks I need to give her more hugs."
Gabi: "I think she's right. Everybody needs enough hugs."
On the way home from Gabi's Spanish camp, Bella wanted to join in on the Spanish lesson. Mommy: "Bella, say fresa!"
Bella "Sa!"
Gabi: "Suh? That's not 'strawberry,' it's 'four.'"
(You have to know both Spanish and Chinese for that one.)
We asked Bella to run to the potty after dinner.
Bella: "No, it's too dark there!"
Gabi: "You ate carrots. Just use your night vision!"
Re: sugar snap peas... Gabi: "What do I do with these?"
Mommy: "Eat them."
Gabi: "All of it?"
Me: "Yes. You're thinking of edamame."
Gabi: "No I'm not. I don't know who she is!"
Michael, sniffling: "Gabi, I'm sick."
Gabi (sounding like her Mommy comforting Katarina): "Oh, I'm SORRY you don't feel well, Daddy! I'm SO SO sorry! Oh my GOODness! Poor Daddy!"
Michael: "Oh, Katarina. A dress is not for eating."
Gabi: "Yeah, a dress is what you wear so that you're not naked!"
Gabi: "I won't always be a [lastname]."
Daddy: "Oh? What will your name be?"
Gabi: "Well, I don't know what my husband's name will be yet." (at which point Daddy's heart just broke)

And for another quote along those lines: After Gabi learned about divorce, I reassured her that her Daddy and I promised each other that we would always stay together and both be here for her.   Gabi thought for a minute and said, very seriously, "Mommy, I want to promise, too."
After another pause, she continued, a bit concerned, "But I don't know if my husband will promise or not."
So I tried to explain that she has to pick a boy that does promise. Wow! That's a mature conversation with great insight from our 5-yr-old.

Mommy: "Oh, Gabi, how did you get to be so smart?"
Gabi: "Well, you and Daddy tell me things that are true, and I just remember them."
I ate some of Gabi's macaroni and cheese, and she told me "Mommy, you should have asked first! Did you know that's called 'stealing?'"
Gabi: "How old are you, Daddy?"
Michael: "30."
Gabi: "Really? I don't think so."
Michael: "How old do you think I am?"
Gabi (after ascertaining that it was okay to guess wrong): "17."

Finally, I will mention that some of Michael's statuses listed Gabi's growing repertoire of songs. In early May, Gabi memorized "Here Come the Irish," a new Notre Dame song. At Riverfest over Memorial Day weekend, Gabi was introduced to "I Missed the Bus" by Kris Kross, "Single Ladies/Put a Ring on It" by Beyoncé, and other 90's dance songs, thanks to Monster Shop Bump'n. Then in June, Uncle Brian taught the girls "Peaches." Like her Daddy, Gabi has an excellent memory for songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment