Thursday, July 15, 2010

That's My Baby!

I just love my baby! We had some exceptionally cute pictures of her from June:
She's a very happy baby, as least while I'm holding her. She's most definitely a Mama's girl. She'll only nap for 10-20 minutes if I put her down, but she'll sleep for hours in my lap or by my side. Yes, I spoil her! Fortunately, I find I can do most everything one-handed.
Ooh! Toes!

Katarina is drooling and slobbering so much these days that within 10 minutes of changing her outfit, her entire front feels as if she jumped in a swimming pool. She loves to gnaw on her fingers, too. But if teething is painful for her, she is surprisingly calm about it.
All clean!

We most often call her Katarina, but we're still playing with numerous nicknames for this little one. Kata-Kata-Katarina! While experimenting with the sounds in her name around Lolo and Lola, we learned a new Tagalog (Filipino) word: katakataka, which means surprising. It's a fun word, and we like it for our little baby. At her age, the whole world is surprising and new.
Katarina loves to sit up, to the point that she does crunches to pull herself up if we let her recline. Lolo bought her a Bumbo chair, which is perfect for her. She will sit in her Bumbo and watch me sweep or mop or do laundry or fix lunch or any other two-handed chore. Wonderful! She usually spends her time in the Bumbo examining her endlessly-fascinating hands and fingers.
Katarina is working on rolling over back-to-front. She only tries to roll left, and she doesn't quite get all the way over before she gets distracted by yummy fingers to gnaw on. Katarina is also very vocal with her coo-ing and laughing. I have a few videos that I haven't copied to the computer yet, so for now, here are a few pictures from back in May:
Sweet baby! She likes to sleep with her hands behind her head like this.

1 comment:

  1. my heart just melted all over my office cubicle...thanks for these Melissa. She is truly such a cute baby. :)

    ReplyDelete