Saturday, September 25, 2010

Texas

We drove to Texas last weekend, as Michael was invited to interview in Dallas and it was a good excuse to visit my family. Uncle Brian, Uncle Stephen, and Aunt Alicia came over to Gramma Jane and Grampa's house to watch football with us.
Grampa and Kati

Uncle Stephen and Bella

Uncle Brian and Gabi

Aunt Alicia and Uncle Stephen supporting rival teams

Aunt Joy and cousin Lauren stopped by for an afternoon chat. Lauren holds a special place in my heart, as I remember watching her when she was a baby; now she's a freshman at A&M. Sometimes I see Lauren in Gabi's expressions and mannerisms.
Kati in Aunt Joy's lap

Kati exploring her rattle with cousin Lauren in the background

Mama and her girls

Bella blowing me a kiss

Grampa planned a surprise birthday celebration for me, and he invited the girls to help him bake a birthday cake while I was out of the house for a bit.
Bella sneaking a chocolate chip while baking my birthday cake

The girls loved baking with Grampa!

A trip to Texas wouldn't be complete without visiting my BFF Sydney!
Syd and Kati

I had planned a lunch with Allison on Monday, but she went into labor with her first child about an hour or so before we were going to meet, and he was born while we were on the road home. I can't wait to return to Texas to meet little Garrison! We had a wonderful morning at the park with Gramma Jane instead.
Gramma Jane with the girls

Kati swinging at the park

Bella and Gabi riding the tire swing

1 comment:

  1. Anxiously awaiting seeing all of you - when oh when?! Hopefully soon! Great pics Lissa...thanks for keeping us updated with what's going on in that big, joyful family of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete