Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Writing on the Wall

Gabi posing in the hydrangeas (not in bloom) at CTK for Gramma Jane, who is considering planting these in her garden.
Gabi's class took a field trip to the Wonder Place, and she and Nathan were entranced by the rolling ball sculpture.
Back in April when Uncle Stephen and Uncle Brian came to visit, we found this on Gabi's wall after naptime. I can just see Bella scribbling on the wall and big sister Gabi stepping into a mini-Mommy role. Regarding writing on the wall:
And after I had a short talk with Gabi about the fact that I didn't like to see that she had written on the wall, I soon find an addendum she wrote to herself:
So then I instructed Gabi to erase all of it, which she did, and that solved the problem.
The first week in May, Gabi's PreK class performed a spring play called Down by the Creek Bank. Gabi and her friend Grey were little white ducks. In the weeks leading up to the program, Gabi would recite poems from the play about various animals and tell me whose line each was. She has an excellent memory.
In the classroom after the play, Katarina was surrounded by kids adoring her. Gabi's friend Samantha was especially enamored with the baby.
That same day was picture day in Gabi's dance class. The recital is not until June this year, so you can look forward to that video later.
Gabi loves to help me cook (or fold laundry, or take care of her sisters, or generally whatever I'm doing). When she gets to help cook, she likes to wear her apron that Gramma Jane made her:
When Gabi and I played her Funny Phone game during quiet time one afternoon, one of Gabi's activities was to draw a strawberry for me to guess. Later, when she used the alphabet magnets to hold this drawing on the refrigerator, she needed three Rs to spell "strawberry" but we only have one of each letter, so she improvised.
I believe this happened while I was packing for our trip to Notre Dame. Katarina woke up, and Gabi drew this to tell me that her baby sister was crying. We like to call Katarina by the nickname Kätchen, which is what Gabi was spelling here.
And here's a "map" that Gabi drew for Bella:
Gabi has an art table with a light that shines through cards, making a shadow of a Disney picture on the table for her to trace. The images aren't crisp, so tracing is more difficult than tracing from a coloring book. Here is Flounder:

1 comment:

  1. Gabi is such an incredibly smart and beautiful little lady...and the cutest duck ever! Thanks for sharing these pics and video! :)

    ReplyDelete